Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Time in Reverse

Here is a brief recap of Christmas 2009.

Christmas Eve
There was a shit-ton of snow. So much that we were not able to take grandma to Chuck's as planned. Instead, we loaded up a ton of food and presents, and went to her apartment. Chuck made stroganoff. Chelsey and I made cupcakes. We opened presents and were all pleased with all the badass stuff we got. I got a nightshirt, which I have wanted for the longest. Now I just need a sleeping cap. Chelsey got a watch which looks like a gold version of mine. I think maybe she is in love with me so much that she wants to bite my style. I'm cool with it though, because I love her so much too. Chuck got our old camera - which I felt bad about giving him, even though we got him something new too. He took it like a champ. Then we played cards, and I brought surprise gifts for all the winners. This went over very well. I won a McDonalds gift card, which was the only thing I really wanted. Xmas eve was the highlight of the xmas with grandma.

Christmas
Even more snow. This time there was so much snow that we couldn't get out of any of our houses. About 12 inches, with drifts up to 3 and 4 feet. Really amazing. I woke up at about 7am worrying about how we were going to make pancakes and get them to grandma's. Fortunately, the weather effectivley killed these plans, but not before I spent the morning fretting about how I was going to tell grandma we weren't going to make it. But once we got that out of the way, I am pleased to say I had the best Christmas I could remember in a long time. Spent the day sitting on a couch with Chelsey, drinking booze and watching movies. So relaxing. So happy. Until we got a bit too drunk and Chelsey started dropping things (spaghetti and a full negroni) and I started falling asleep. Probably could have done without that, but it didn't diminish the day.

Saturday
Saturday was lousy we were able to get out of the house, so Chuck picked us up and took us to his house, where Chuck and I made dinner and Chelsey tried not to be too hung over. It was clear that our hearts weren't exactly in it at that point, what with the weather, the fact that it was no longer Christmas, and the fact that two of us were going to have to work that night. We brought over food, mosly picked at it, and opened our stockings. The stockings went well, although it seemed a little pointless. It seems that stockings come down to three factions. The 1) "I don't give a shit about this" (Chelsey and Dave) 2) The "I really like to do this" (Brent, Mom, Wendy and Chuck), and 3) "I like the fact that I am involved in this, but not so much that I am going to make a decent stocking" (Dad and Grandma). Chuck and I did grandma's whole stocking (after she informed us it needed to get done a week before xmas), only to get a lukewarm reception when we showed her what we got. And dad's stocking was a collection of things he had gotten last year in his stocking, things he got free at work, and like two things off the actual list of the person. Part of this is really fun. Part of it is no longer fun for me. Mostly the grandma stuff isn't fun. Because then Chuck and I get it on the other side. We get the pleasure of helping her put her stuff away. Hot damn. Anyways, after that we played cards. Then Chuck and I went to work. Again, exhausted by the end of the day.

Sunday
Sunday can eat a dick. Chelsey went to Kearney and Chuck and I went to grandma's. Sick of grandma's, but went anyways. Helped her put shit away until she started to get crabby. I love the way Grandma slowly gets irritated with people who are helping her. She does this with everyone. Me, Jeanie, mom the most. Then the Saints somehow lost to the 2 and 12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I was not able to watch this game because I was hanging with my grandma for the 3rd of 4 days, and I was not able to keep tabs on it because my phone died. Found out the Saints lost while taking a break from Gram at Chuck's house. Tried to hide my anger and frustration at how the day was turning out during cards. This was helped by the fact that I beat the hell out of everyone in cards. Then we left. By that time I think both Chuck and I were eminating a desire to leave that was even detactable by grandma. We left as fast as we could. So happy the xmas weekend was over.

Oh and we got a Wii. Chelsey's fam got it for us. Kick ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment