Friday, February 26, 2010

Big John Shaft


I've had this song in my head all morning. It's a Belle and Sebastian song from the movie Storytelling. I was setting up the microphone system for our Goodwill "Town Hall" (a big meeting of all Goodwill Employees), and I had the urge to start signing it. And I think I would have as a mike check, but as soon as I switched the microphone on, this huge blaring feedback sound came out. So severe was the sound that it broke me out of my little "I'm going to sing to all these people" trance. I ended up just saying "check" a couple of times." This is weird for a couple of reasons.


1) How did Big John Shaft get in my head? If anything should have been in my head, it should have been Dragon's Lair by Sunset Rubdown, which I watched the video that morning, but stopped before it was over - usually a sure-fire way to get a song stuck in my head.


2) That speaker and microphone have never done that before when I switched them on - and I do so every month. Is there a chance that there was some devine intervention at hand?


3) Do I have a good singing voice? I think I was recently videotaped signing "Love Boat" I should really look at that...

No comments:

Post a Comment