Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Brent's List of Albums from 2010/2009 that he is trying to digest.

1) Charlotte Gainsberg - Every so often I hear one of her songs and they stop me dead in my tracks.  But when I listen to the whole album, not only do I get bored, but I am also unable to identify the songs that stop me dead in my tracks.  Frustrating

2) Cymbals Eat Guitars - Sounds like Broken Social Scene.  I like Broken Social Scene, but it takes a long time to identify with music like that. 

3) Dan Deacon - The only thing I need to share about it is that I am constantly calling it Deacon Dan.  Then Chelsey laughs as me.  Then I get mad.

4) Local Natives - This sounds exactly like Fleet Foxes to me.  I never liked Fleet Foxes, yet I somehow like Local Natives.  I really like "Airplanes", but my guess is that everyone who listens to their album does too.

5) Los Campesinos - No idea.  My ipod never plays them on random.  And I keep forgetting to listen tot he album.  Maybe when I start mowing the lawn.

6) She and Him - I love it.  This should come as no surprise to anyone.  I love them.  Their music is a perfect.

7) Florence and the Machine - Nice refrains.  So so songs.

8) Frightened Rabbit - I think I will grow to like this like I liked their last one, but it hasn't grabbed me by the head yet.

9) Fanfarlo - Kent keeps raving about this band.  They sound like a cross between Arcade Fire and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, except not as good as either.

10) Surfer Blood - I like this album!  It makes me feel good.  Yay.

2 comments:

  1. 1. I agree. The individual songs are better than the whole album.
    2. BSS has no soul, and neither do bands that sound like them.
    3. i listened to him when he first became all the rage,and decided that i do not rage/party enough for him
    4. The same as #1. when i hear an individual song on random, i really like it, when i listen to the whole album, i am bored.
    5. i gave up on los campesinos
    6. haven't listened yet, but i got it last night, and i am ready.
    7. i really liked this when i got it, then never listened to it again. i think because there are something like 25 songs on the version of the ablum that i have.
    8. with each album, i like them less.
    9. i rave about this band.
    10. i like the way every song sounds like a cover of a different band. hey now they're the pixies, now they're the shins, not they are arcade fire, now they are etc etc. normally i would hold this against them, but i like this album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete