Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Years Resolutions Revisited

So it's about the end of March, and high time for me to look at my new years resolutions. I also recently found my 2008 resolutions, so I can share those results as well.

1) I'm going to start running again. And run further than the 2 miles I was logging at the end of 2010. - I am hitting this one out of the park. I ran like 14 miles last week, I'm running 16 this week. Goal one, I have kicked you ass. Grade: A+

2) I'm going to keep up with this motherfucking blog. - I think I am doing okay at this. I have pretty low expectations for quality, so just doing it somewhat regularly is good enough for me. Grade: B

3) I'm going on a roadtrip - either South or West. - This doesn't look all that hot. If I had to guess, the only roadtrip I might take would be around the Pacific Northwest, if Chelsey and I vacation up there. Not as good. Grade: C-

4) I'm going to join one of the following a) a class b) a society c) a club d) an organization. I guess technically I joined the Goodwill Running Club this year, but if I could, I would accompany this fact with that air jack off move that people use when they aren't impressed by something. Still lots of work to do to improve mt status as a joiner. Grade: D

5) I'm going to leave the house more. Not only am I not leaving the house more, I have no desire to leave the house more. All I want to do is lay around and watch HBO On-demand. Grade: F.

6) I'm not going to buy anything major unless something breaks. I think I am going to give myself a decent grade here, because last weekend I let Chelsey talk me out of buying a new blanket for our couch downstairs. But not a great grade, because I bought a bed frame. Grade: B-

7) I'm going to eat more pancakes and chicken fried steak.8) I'm going to try to not be so stupid when I get frazzled. A++++. I'm eating so much fucking chicken fried steak, it's incredible. And I'm catching up in the pancake department. I still haven't found a go-to place for both items yet, but surprisingly Garden Cafe may be the spot. If I can get over the lamo clientele. Grade: A++++

All in all, I'd say I'm doing pretty well. My hope is that warmer weather will lead to me wanting to leave the house more. And as a died-in-the-wool non-joiner, I'm not sure if that resolution is ever going to happen. But Chelsey did send me some info on a beginners Yoga class. And I have been doing Yoga on-demand. . .

I was looking for a piece of paper to spit my gum into yesterday and I found 2008 New Years resolutions for Me, Chelsey, Chuck, Hayden, and Beth. Mine were almost all creative in nature. Write a short story a month, that sort of thing. I Believe I failed them all. Yes. I just looked again. I did fail them all. It looks like the only one who actaully came through on one was Chelsey, who listed "start school" as a goal. So I guess what I'm saying is that we have some real groundbreaking stuff, if I am able to come through on any of these things by the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Go on your own road trip you douche. I will go to West on my own!

    ReplyDelete