Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fathers Day Gift Buying Guide

This weekend is fathers day. This being the case, I thought I should really get on the stick and get my dad his present.  So I knew what I wanted to get him: a Saints Superbowl shirt because I am trying to force my fandom on the rest of my family this year, through ugly Saints-themed tshirts.

So I went online to pick out a shirt, and found the one I wanted, but it was only like 15 bucks. So I thought I would get him some sporty shorts, as he just joined a gym for the first time in his life. Okay – so I get the shirt and the shorts, and I get to the shipping part, and it says it could take anywhere between 4 days and 14 days to get there. This makes me mad.

So I do what I do whenever something gets me mad on the internet. I go to zappos. I have now scrapped the saints shirt gift, and am looking just for athletic shorts. I figure, I can get him some shorts, and support my favorite online vendor ever, and all will be well.  So I am looking at all their athletic shorts, and I don’t see anything that I feel good about. People in my family do not appreciate $30 name brand athletic shorts, and that’s all zappos has. So I then think that perhaps I could buy him a pair of shoes – although I think at that point I was just shopping for myself. I then see these shoes that I now have an uncontrollable urge to buy.



I have given up on my dad completely.  I am just trying to stave the little voices in my head that keep telling me I should have these, despite the fact I have absolutely no need to buy another pair of running shoes.

Those things are badass.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a week. Did you buy the shoes? What did you get Dad?

    For the record, you can buy me $30 athletic wear anytime you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not buy the shoes. Upon further research, I have decided the toe section may be too narrow for me. Also there is the fact I have a perfectly good badass set of shoes at home.

    I did get dad a nice array of Saint shirt combined with cheapo athletic shorts from wal-mart. he seemed to like them.

    ReplyDelete