Friday, October 8, 2010

Running and Listening to music

So I have been running over lunch.  It's been very tough sledding for me, as it's uncharacteristically warrm this October.  The only thing that gets me through is fixating on the lyrics of the music I am listening to as I run.  In doing so, I have made the following shocking discoveries:

1) The Lady Gaga Song Paparazzi is not about her stalking the paparazzi to become famous, as I previously thought.  It is in fact about her stalking some dude.  This will forever be disappointing to me.  I thought that the idea of Lady Gaga stalking the paparazzi sounded pretty cool.  The other way around, it's kinda okay.

2) Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado is not, in fact, about a Promiscuous Girl.  It's about a girl who is teasing a guy by acting promiscuous, but has no intention of getting down.  Bah!  I hate this.  I always thought that was Nelly Furtado's slutty song.  Shoot.

3) The Party Punch by Oh No, Oh My is actually about a fist punch at a party.  Not a punch that is served in the name of refreshment at a party. 

4) Some People Got a Lot of Nerve by Neko Case is about nature, but it's also about bad relationship people being bad because that's all they know how to be.  I always thought it was just a "respect the viciousness of nature" song.

5) Paper Planes by M.I.A.  I always thought is ended saying Sum Sum Summer Summer Murder, Summer Murder Murder.  When in fact it is Some some some a some I murder.  Some a some I let go.  I had no idea.

These are things I am learning over lunch. 

3 comments:

  1. "4) Some People Got a Lot of Nerve by Neko Case"

    Didn't you and I talk about this last year? You know, when I said "This is the best song of the year" and you said "It's about nature" and I said "No it isn't."

    Jackass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are thinking of This Tornado Loves You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe YOU are thinking of This Tornado Loves You.

    ReplyDelete