Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas 2010


So as part of the yearly clusterfuck that is our holiday planning, Nancy evidently had a conversation with our Aunt Jeannie about the fact that our grandma was going to be alone this year for christmas. This "alone" assessment was reflective of the facts that Brent and Chelsey will be going to Kearney, NE and that Nance and Jerr may be going to Dallas for Christmas. What am I doing you ask? Funny thing. I'm staying here so that Helen Frances won't be "alone" for Christmas.


The "alone" comment could have been just a poor choice of words on either my grandma's or aunt jeannie's part; however, it does kind of make me wonder why I'm sticking around, rather than doing whatever the hell I want for Christmas (visiting Wendy and family).


Brent thought this would make a good blog. I was worried that I didn't know how to write-it without coming off self pitying. So when you read this, try not to picture me really whiney about it, but rather really mad and tough.

7 comments:

  1. Poor sad Santa. He's so, so sad. Maybe he's alone this Xmas too. Alone, my ass, says Mrs. Claus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck,
    Your blog is reason #32 on my list of why I hate Christmas. "I hate when Chuck gets stuck on Grandma duty for Christmas"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate both of your comments. I honestly don't really mind the Chuck and Grandma holidays except that grandma seems to hate them. And also I'm terrified that she's going to want me to take her to somebody else's house on Christmas day (the Egermiers or what have you). That plan I cannot dig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only one way to fix that, Chuck Koster. It's time for you to choose the venue for your Christmas Holiday. And nothing says ho, ho, ho like that super-loud arcade buffet place we went to when I visited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Amazing Christmas Machine. At least she can laugh at fat people there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chuck you are the best person I know. I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kent. I took a turn for the better once I stopped screwing Brent on baseball card trades.

    ReplyDelete