Thursday, February 3, 2011

Miracle Mailing

So it was two summers ago I believe that two young men rang the doorbell and convinced me to order a ridiculously high priced children's books so that they would get to go to Europe to study film with UNO. I know it wasn't last summer because I think when I ordered my book I was on speaking terms with my neighbor. Anyway, a few days after giving them my check a report ran on the news that the guys going door to door were in fact con men and that they were not affiliated with UNO in any way. I held out hope that maybe my guys were legit, but abandoned it six months or so later when my check had been cashed, but no book had arrived. Well seventeen months after the fact it showed up at my house yesterday - a book of crafts for kids that now appears a bit too juvenile for Jude and Zoe. I guess what I'm trying to say is keep hope alive, particularly for the insignificant things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment