Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Landslide Brought Me Down


I have instituted some life changes of late. And here they are. 1. No smoking. It's a month today. I don't really miss it now although the real test will be this summer when I am outside and have a beer in my hand. Perhaps I'll just plan on staying in doors for the next several months. 2. Biking. So I have been biking to and from work these days. Also this week I biked to my dinner club and also to Hy-Vee. Today I took the day off because whatever muscles I may or may not have on the top of my thighs really hurt. 3. Exercise. In addition to the biking, I'm pretty much exercising every night. This is primarily to fill the time that was normally spent smoking. I only wish I could get motivated enough to exercise at the gym I'm paying for rather than just running up and down the stairs of my grandmother's house. 4. Ordering food in bulk through the internet. I can't get my favorite Indian food at my grocery stores so I had the though to see if I could find it online. Well I found it and bought a case of it. The good news is the price is right; the bad news is that buying food in such large quantities makes me feel like an obese shut-in. So those are the big changes. Taken as a whole they must be a good thing. I'm just hoping that I don't end up burning myself out and/or having to wash myself with a rag on a stick.

4 comments:

  1. Chuck-I think you are doing great and I have no idea what "wash myself with a rag on a stick" means...you Kosters and your outdated sayings....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Weeping Gardner,

    The rag on a stick comment comes from the Simpson's. Bart is imagining himself as really fat and in his fantasy he says that line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping smoking is hard. I wish my friends would quit smoking so I could too. Yes, I would jump off the bridge, I'm not a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting a visual Chucky.

    ReplyDelete