- We know we're having a girl. Found out for sure when we visited our special baby doctor.
- Our special baby doctor also told us that with Chelsey's genetic blood-clotting condition (MTHFR), combined with her blood work results put us at a 30% risk for spina bifida. Hooray! There is also the risk of us losing the baby late in her pregnancy, thanks to the MTHFR - so Chelsey will probably not go full term, to get little Edith out as soon as possible.
- Nothing earth-shattering, but no one wants to hear they have a 70% chance of having a totally healthy kid.
- We'll know more when we talk to our regular doctor this week.
- In the meantime we are adopting the attitude of "fuck it." There's a whole bunch to worry about with this stuff, but we can't do anything about it. It's just there. And we can fret about it, or we can just say fuck it, and continuing falling in love with our future daughter.
- On the positive side, the room is painted, and we go to IKEA in a couple of weeks to get the crib. Very exciting.
- We're also still sold on the name Edith Pearl - which is great because of this future vacation spot.
- Now we just have to buy Chelsey some more maternity clothes, and get a doll so we can trick Deuce into being nice to the baby.
Speaking of Deuce. Here is two minutes of him licking my hand.