This has actually been a pretty good year for music so far. Lots of good albums (Lykki Li, Okkervil River, Antlers), lots of albums that may turn out to be good, if I ever didicate any time to them (My Morning Jacket, EMA, The Generationals). So here is my list of favorite songs so far.
10) Would You Say Stop - Acid House Kings - Best Belle and Sebastian sound-alike song this year so far.
9) California - EMA - Best song that talks shit about California so far this year.
8) Belong - Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Best Smashing Pumpkins (circa Siamese Dream) sound-alike sound alike song this year.
7) Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out - The Antlers - Best disturbing video so far this year.
6) Someone You'd Admire - Fleet Foxes - Best Fleet Foxes song. Ever. Which is not saying much.
5) Lovers Lane - Hunx & His Punx - Best gay Phil Spector retread.
4) Hanging From A Hit - Okkervil River - Best song on the best album so far.
3) Sadness Is A Blessing - Lykki Li - Best uplifting depressing song.
2) Words That Maketh Murder - P.J. Harvey - Best P.J. Harvey song I have ever heard.
1) Rolling In The Deep - Best song of the year. I hear it damn near every day, and I still love it. One time I asked Chuck how he would describe this song, and he said "Blue Eyed Soul". That was the first time I'd heard that phrase.