Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 2

Least Favorite Song

There's no way of know what my least favorite song is, so I am tweaking this to "Most Disappointing". In my case, I will bring everyone back to 2004. Wilco was putting out their follow-up to one of the best albums of my lifetime, "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot". Radiohead had just put out "Hail to the Thief", re-establishing my faith in them. I was on a musical high. I purchased "A Ghost is Born" at Borders or something and put it on as I drove home. And this piece of crap came out. Wilco has sucked ever since.



Kent's is below. I picked "Chillout Tent", because I think it really captures what he's talking about, and it might be the first of many bad turns for them. Plus this is a homemade video for the song, and those are always the worst.



Next is Chuck's



And finally Chelsey's - also with homemade video!



Wendy's pick. What the hell is this?





All good choices, I have to say. With the notable exception of Runaway Train. I agree with Chelsey. That song is awesome.

6 comments:

  1. The Hold Steady is the most disappointing band around. I pick whatever the first song is on their latest piece of crap album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My worst song is probably some Rush or Steely Dan song I've never even heard of yet. However, to pick a song that most people have heard of, I'll go with that I'm A Bitch song by Merideth Brooks. I think that was her name. Other nominees: Life is a Highway, Runaway Train, Where Have all the Cowboys Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kent a/b the Hold Steady. Chuck, I love Live is a Highway and Runaway train!!

    My least favorite comes from one of my top 15 bands, Bright Eyes. "If the Brakeman comes my way" from the Casadaga album. The whole album was pretty awful but this song is THE WORST! Makes me want to vomit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Videos for all are up now. I just saw "Where have all the Cowboys Gone" on Chuck's list. And I wish I had thought of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope Wendy starts offering up her picks for these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Wendy: Sex, Berlin
    Damn, I just HATE that song.
    Or anything by Heart.

    ReplyDelete