Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 3

Song That Makes You Happy

Also very difficult. I have many to choose from. And it's hard for me to discern happiness from amusement, and I feel confident there's going to to be a "Song that makes you laugh" category at some point. So I will go with Elliott Smith - "Bled White".  There's nothing intrinsic to this song that makes me happy.  But I've been listening to it for as long as I've known Chelsey.  And in that time, I can always count on her to sing the Ah Ah Ah Ah part at the 2:00 mark.  No matter what she's doing.  She always sings along to that part.  We can be in the middle of an argument.  It doesn't matter.  I probably just ruined it for us both, but that's one of my favorite Kosterpelding things. 

It also has an F-bomb in it, which would have to be a prerequisite for any song that makes me happy. 




Kent's song.  I actually considered this song too.  But then I started thinking of other songs on that album and realized that I might enjoy "Bottle of Smoke" more in that way.   And then I was like "Do I even own that album?"  And I decided to look elsewhere.




Chuck's pick.  What I love about this song is that for the longest I had a copy of this album that didn't include this song.  So to find out that there was yet another song on this album that I already loved.  And then to find out that it was the best song on the album.  Well that was a really great feeling. 




Chelsey's song.  Just like with the other three, I have a connection to this song.  Peter Ryan and I used to sing it to eachother with great expresssion back in New Orleans.  Now he's dead.  But that's one of my favorite memories of him.



Wendy's entry.

7 comments:

  1. If I Should Fall from the Grace of God by The Pogues.

    Which is awful, because it's now in a minivan commercial on tv. But every time that commercial comes on, I get happy and sing along. I also like that all three kids get put in the penalty box at the same team, and the commercial celebrates that the rest of their little league team is getting slaughtered out there. I hate whatever minivan that is for making me excited to see a commercial, and liking the content of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I will ever top Brent's happy song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love to dance and maybe my favorite song to dance to is The Boy with the Arab Strap by Belle and Sebastian. I have really fond memories of dancing to the song with Wendy, Jude, Zoe and Nancy on my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking...what songs make me absolutely blissful when I hear them on the radio....This list would include a couple 90's rap songs (ie. paperboy's the diddy and Ice Cube's today was a good day, Salt N Pepa's Shoop), but my ultimate happy song is When in Rome's The promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit, I think I always thought this song was song by New Order or some group like them. Not some long hair McGee! Wow, what an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy: I Can See Clearly Now, Johnny Nash
    Inexplicable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That rolling keyboard part that start off boy with the arab strap is one of my favorite things

    ReplyDelete