Saturday, June 11, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 4

Song That Makes You Sad

I love sad songs.  Which means that finding a sad song that actually makes me sad is challenging.  They mostly make me happy.  My first thought is to pick the entire album "Hospice" by The Antlers, but it's hard to pick just one song from there.  But as a dad to be, this is the song that fills me with the most dread right now.  And I don't think there will be a dread category.



This song is about having a baby, and it not doing well right off the bat. And feeling all alone because you don't really have a relationship with God.  So it's just you and your desperation and whatever faith you have left.

Here is Chelsey's sad song. It's Metal Heart by Cat Power.



This is the song she always listens to when she is sad. It's from Cat Power's most recent covers album. But this is actually her own song, which which re-recorded. Which is a little weird, but the second version is definitely better.

Kent's song. This song was obviously a real hard hitter around Katrina.




And Wendy's song. This is a song I used to sing to a baby that I briefly babysat for... It was the only song I could think of. Little did I know someday I would marry a Chelsey. Now I sing it to her.



Chuck' song.  "You know it's time that we grow old and do some shit."

4 comments:

  1. Chelsey's saddest song is above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louisiana 1927 by Randy Newman makes me sad. For obvious reasons. I am ashamed to have emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy: She's Losing It, B&S
    Grace Cathedral Hill, Decemberists

    Both tend to remind me that I am teetering on the edge of having a breakdown. They tend to instigate crying jags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since seeing the movie Full Nelson or Half Nelson, whatever the one is with Ryan Gosling as a drug addict teacher, Feist's version of Lover's Spit kind of breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete