Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 6

Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

I heard this song and "Pokerface" by Lady Gaga over and over again in The Netherlands. If it wasn't for the Bob Marley that they were playing in the hash bars, I believe we would have heard nothing else for the entire trip. It was just those two songs, alternating, over and over. (song refrain NSFW)



Here is Kent's. I remember Peter destroying people in Pong while listening to this. Good lord. We were such stoners.



Wendy's song. Abba had so much marching-in-place-energy.



Chelsey was all Yeah Yeah Yeah's all the time when I met her...



Chuck's little souvenir of a terrible year.

7 comments:

  1. I was also disappointed that they truly only played Bob Marley at every hash bar. Aren't there some other weed heroes to tap into? Grateful Dead? Fish? Jimi Hendrix? Lily Allen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmina Burana, Marengo St. Apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy: Does Your Mother Know, Abba -- riding in the car to Y swim lessons in Logansport
    (and it's Phish, not Fish, stoner).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been prouder of a typo in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs reminds me of living in this completely run down house w/my friend Maureen and one or two of her random sisters in South Omaha.

    This was the first place I heard that song/album and it was the only CD I had in my room for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything off of The Sundays first album is for some reason painfully evocative of my freshmen year at Creighton. It's actually hard to listed. For a song I guess I'll pick here's where the story ends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My comment should read "hard to listen to".

    ReplyDelete