Wednesday, June 15, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 7

Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

Here's a song I listened to over and over when Chuck had his first brain surgery.  What fun!

And what a fine video this is...



Chelsey's Song. I remember that Christine Dougherty was the only one at the wedding who recongnized it.



Chuck's topical association with Kurt Cobain.



Wendy's pick.  They need to start making videos like this again.  Dammit.



Kent's song makes me think of Chuck's basketball team running out before their games to this song.

4 comments:

  1. Elliot Smith Say Yes--Wedding day.

    Whenever I decide to listen to pandora a version of this song comes on similar to the one we played at our wedding...just the music no vocals.

    Brent, I had to search for this version so if you google "String Quartet Tribute to Elliot Smith Say Yes" a You Tube version will show up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is kind of an odd event, but I remember when Kurt Cobain's suicide was annouced I immediately thought of Paint a Vulgar Picture by the Smiths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger.com still hates Wendy. It won't let her comment:

    Odder event, I think -- when Auntie Anna (Chuck's godmother, as I recall) died of carbon monoxide poisoning with her 2nd husband, I had the song Angel by Annie Lenox going through my head quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the Jungle will always be associated in my head with a particular ride home from Buckets bar in Philadelphia. Leslie was driving, and me and Brian were in the backseat. Brian was signing along to the "You know where you are? You're in the jungle baby" part when I meekly asked in a little voice "What's gonna happen to me?" and Axel Rose screamed back "You're going to die!" and they both started laughing like it was the funniest thing I had ever said.

    I think you had to be there.

    So anyway, Welcome to the Jungle, driving down probably Church Road in Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete