Thursday, June 16, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 8

Song You Know All the Words To

I know all the words to a thousand million songs.  So I'm just going to pick one that makes me the most proud.  This one is really hard because there are so many words, and they are put together in such a clever manner, darn you Cole Porter. 

Also, Kent and Paul used to sing it to eachother, and it would make me jealous.  So now I know all the words.  Suck it, Kent and Paul. 



You guys should really see Chelsey do this thing live...



It turns out I know a surprising amount of these lyrics too, Chuck.



Wendy's song.  And yes, I believe the eight tracks burnt this into all our memories.



Kent's song. I used to say I knew all the words to this, until the internet came out and told me I didn't

6 comments:

  1. I only know all the words to like 3 songs....so I am going to go with my go-to Kareoke song (hoping that isn't a category later on)
    Shoop by Salt n Pepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following the Brent's most proud thread, I'll go with What's the Scenario by Tribe Called Quest. Some of Busta Rymes lines are still are still a mystery to me, but I know pretty much everybody elses'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger still hates Wendy:

    Also a lyric lover, I too will go with a proud moment. Recently I revealed to Dave and the kids that I know all the words to The Gambler by Kenny Rogers. Choke on that, Cole Porter. (And thanks to Jerry Koster, 8-track, and long trips from Logansport to Omaha.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In high school, I once sat down and committed the lyrics to It's the End of the World as We Know It by REM to memory, so that's my choice. I know a lot of songs. I'm proud of knowing all the words to Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts by Bob Dylan, too.

    I could also choose Foreign Affairs, since it is the only Tom Waits song Brent and I could sing together all the way through.

    Singing You're the Top with Paul is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Kent. I almost picked Foreign Affairs based on that walk home through the park where we couldn't finish any song other than that one. Which surprised us both. It isn't really one of his top-drawer songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure I could stand up and sing it straight through now.

    ReplyDelete