Friday, June 17, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 9

Song You Can Dance To

This is so easy.  There is only one song that I dance to with any consistency.



I would also have to consider this song for best combination of lyrics and delivery. It's nearly perfect in that regard. At this point I would also like to thank the makers of Mama Mia for ruining the entire Abba song book for me. Your stupid musical/movie was made up entirely of songs I love, yet was somehow unwatchable.

Kent's song. I was there for some of this summer of dancing. It was awful.



Chelsey's song. I thought she might pick this for her favorite song on day one.



Chuck's song. I know lots of people love this song. I do not get it. I imagine the way I feel about "Be My Little Baby" must be how people like Chuck feel about this song. Like it's too bad it's been played so much, because people take it for granted.



Wendy's song. I remember this song from the summer that Wendy and Chuck both came home from college and worked at Hertz together. Wendy was like "I have to get a new walkman, and I have to get some new music." And I went with her to some store. And we did it.

8 comments:

  1. I spent a summer dancing to Beck's Midnite Vultures album. I'll just pick Nicotine and Gravy as an example song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another category I don't like "song you CAN dance to"....why isn't it song you like to dance to or something.

    Well I am going to go with Hey Ya - Outkast...lots of dance parties featured this song during my years of debauchery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, setting aside Boy with the Arab Strap which has been name checked plenty during the project, there are tons of songs I love to dance to: don't stop til you get enough, shake your booty, the in crowd, no diggity, the list goes on and on. I'll pick a song that could have been listed as my favorite song, Pappa's Got a Brand New Bag - James Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy (Google still hates her)

    Post-kid, many an early evening was spent working out our moves to Gonna Make You Sweat by C + C Music Factory. Pre-kid, I can remember a time where Been Caught Stealing was pretty much it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. every dance I have ever done is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like there is a definite "when i was in college" trend for this whole challenge. I don't know half of the songs you old people are picking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should give Midnite Vultures a listen then. It's a good album, that I believe you would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Per Wendy:

    If you think not knowing half the songs stinks, you should try being 41 years old. Now THAT stinks. Trying to get an entire Jane's Addiction album out of your head at work also kind of stinks.


    Per Brent:

    We play some Midnite Vultures in the Kosterpelding household. It doesn't seem to do much for Chelsey.

    ReplyDelete