Thursday, July 14, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day 19

Song From My Favorite Album

I have two favorite albums, so I'm going to pick the one that is the least likely to be mentioned by someone else:  Black Sheep Boy - Okkervil River.  Kent and I have spent hours trying to decifer all the themes of this album.  It's kind of a mess. This song does a nice job of summing it up.




This is why I picked Black Sheep Boy.  I knew AOTS would be represented eventually.  Chelsey, way to get in on it early.  This song was recorded in one take!



Chuck's entry.



Kent!



Wendy! I had forgotten all about this song, and I would never have known it was called Saints.

4 comments:

  1. I realize I am probably one of millions who would say this is their favorite album...but it's just so good..for every occasion. I guess i am just not that cutting edge.

    Neutral Milk Hotel
    Oh comely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what my favorite album is these days. In the Aeroplane over the Sea would be right up there. For a long time I would have picked the first Stone Roses CD, so I'll pick a song off of that. My favorite song used to be Waterfall, but I think I've transitioned to I Wanna Be Adored. Let's go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to be able to pick a favorite album. In the Aeroplane over the Sea is my test album to see if you like music.

    The Soft Bulletin, Key Lime Pie, Rain Dogs, Doolittle, Black Sheep Boy, Exile in Guyville, Pet Sounds, are all great albums. Which is my favorite? All of them.

    In the end, I will take St. James Infirmary off of Resurrection of the Bayou Maharajah by James Booker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6DoLvwVJDM I'm not sure if there is another album that I can always be amazed by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to do this, Brent, but here's one last post from me. Favorite Album -- Last Splash by the Breeders. I choose Saints for obvious reasons.

    (Also you didn't post the video for Grace Cathedral Hill.)

    ReplyDelete