Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hospital Beds



Last afternoon we went to the hospital! King Edith has to pass all these indicators each week during our doctor visits so the doctor knows she doing ok. In order to pass these however, she has to be awake. Yesterday she was asleep. So they couldn't watch her breathe. So they sent us to the hospital. They hooked her up to a monitor. The King Edith did what she was supposed to do, and we went home. In the meantime Chelsey ate a sandwich, and I had some pudding. It was great. How we know where to go when the real thing happens. And now Chelsey knows how to turn on the TV.

For anyone interested, I still think she is coming on the 13th. That would be like four weeks early, but she's 6.5 pounds. She's ready.

5 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going great with KE. Brent, you are an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...unfortunately I think Brent is dead wrong in his prediction but I am doing everything I can/am willing to to get this baby out in a timely fashion. I refuse to drink cod liver oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for the record, let me say these 2 things:

    1. Please enjoy decent sleep while you can; I know it seems like crap now, but it will suck so much more in the near future.

    2. Take it from someone whose biggest baby was 5 pounds, 7 ounces, littler babies are kind of scary and also hard work (they thought J-Z were both bigger than their eventual birth weights when they were measuring them in my enormous belly). Cook her a little longer if you can.

    How 'bout 38 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I think that would work. Honestly, the longest I have left is like 2 1/2-3 weeks because they will induce me at 39 weeks. I am just sick of being pregnant but still quite frightened about becoming a mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear every word, I swear. You'll be a great mom. And Brent will be a great dad, even if he is an idiot.

    ReplyDelete