Monday, August 1, 2011

Spider Dream!

THE DREAM

I had a dream last night where I was in a house full of spiders. Really big ones. They kind of looked like the bugs from Starship Troopers, and I tried to kill one with my hand and it was really hard. I tried to squash it, but it just withstood the pressure. I had to hit at it several times. So I was kind of on red alert and then my mom showed up. And suprisingly when I told her about the spider issue, she was totally ok with it. We walked into this room that was full of spiders, and instantly a big tarantula climbed on her back. She didn't freak out or anything. Just instructed me calmly to get something to knock the spider off with. Which I did. I finally woke up a little freaked out.

WHAT I THINK IT MEANT

I think the spiders symbolized the many things I'm freaked out about with this kid on the way - which explains why my mom wasn't phased by them. Spiders were a good choice, as I am not necesarily afraid of them, but if I was in a room full of them I would certainly not be at ease. Also, I think the weird looking spiders at beginning represented the fact that there will be unexpected things that I don't see now that will unnerve me after Edith gets here.

Thanks brain. I was hoping for some reminders about how unprepared I am for parenthood.

1 comment:

  1. Brent, I'm pretty sure that spiders in dreams represent a small weiner.

    ReplyDelete