Wednesday, October 12, 2011

You Fool!

So today I was over at the Goodwill store that's connected to our offices.  I was taking a picture of some poorly installed graphics when a woman drove up in a SUV.  Being the enterprising employee that I am, I didn't stand on ceremony.  I greeted the woman, and started unloading her car.  This of course is not my job, but I didn't want to explain that fact.  Instead I grabbed the first thing she handed to me and went inside to find a donation attendant. 

I spotted one immediately and told him that there's a woman in the donation lane "with a lot of crap."  He grabbed a cart and ran out to help.  I followed him and finished taking pictures.  I even exchanged a friendly look with the lady on my way back out. 

So I go back to my desk, and email the pictures of the crappy graphic to our installer.  A moment later the store manager shows up and tells me the woman heard me call her donations "crap."  Which I totally did, but I meant "crap" as in "stuff".  And when I said it I was inside the store.  Like inside the doors, and around a little barrier behind the doors.  I have no idea how she even heard me. 

But I apologize to the manager, and offer to come apologize to the woman in person.  The manager laughs it off and says that the woman has already left, and that the donation attendant (whom the woman told of hearing me) had already smoothed it over.  (Apparently the woman said, "Well, maybe it is all crap" and left.)

I'm so dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that what Goodwill is for? To get rid of your crap?

    ReplyDelete