Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DEATH NOTICE

I got this email from my mom today.  I feel like this is an accurate representation of a typical conversation with her. Just intersperse some "oh"s and "ok"s along the way.  And take out the "Love, Mom."   

Also, Chelsey, it looks like mom might not be able to babysit tomorrow after all.  That's in there somewhere. 

DEATH NOTICE (actual email subject - all caps)

Rats, Brent, I just checked the obits and XXX XXX's stuff (the cousin who died) is going to be thursday evening with funeral on Friday!  the visitation starts at 4, so if Gram would be okay with just going then and staying only an hour, it would be fine with me.  Less congestion etc.  plus, it is at St. Thomas More Chucrch and I don't know the setup there at all for walkers etd.  Still, this gal has a grandaughter with Spina bifida so I bet they would have thought of that.  It's just bad timing all around!  She died on Monday so i wish they would have bumped everything up one day, given how hectic this season is for everyone.  Just wanted to give you the heads up about possible cancellation of thurs. babysitting  and Friday shopping.  I would hope gram would bow out of participating but she may expect me to go to one or the other of the major stuff.  Sorry.  Like I said, just bad timing, but I will keep you posted.  Love, Mom  PS  I don't even have anything to wear to a galdarn funeral so I am going to have to go out and buy something!!!!!           

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty much like talking to my Mom about things as well: stream of consciousness and annoyed at the timing of funerals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie. It's nice to not feel alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I know the feeling well.

    ReplyDelete