Friday, January 6, 2012
Saints Start Playoff Run
1) When they played the Lions earlier this year, they were helped out by a long list of Lions penalties and they didn't have Ndamukong Suh playing.
2) The Saints played really really bad in their playoff opener last year.
3) In interviews this week, the Saints keep talking about regaining their 2009 form. Whenever they did that in 2010, they lost the following game.
4) It's hard to beat the same team twice.
5) I recently discovered that I project my own mental fragility and nervousness onto the teams I cheer for, which means that I assume they are in a fragile and nervous state right now.
Last year I got major super drunk during their one and only playoff game. I'm really going to try and do better this year. But if they start to go downhill, I predict that resolution to follow right after.