Friday, January 6, 2012

Saints Start Playoff Run

I try not to make my blog too Saintsy, because who really cares?  But the playoffs are starting.  Which means I'm going to be a nervous wreck until it's all over.  Here are my concerns regarding this week's game against the Detroit Lions

1) When they played the Lions earlier this year, they were helped out by a long list of Lions penalties and they didn't have Ndamukong Suh playing.

2) The Saints played really really bad in their playoff opener last year.

3) In interviews this week, the Saints keep talking about regaining their 2009 form.  Whenever they did that in 2010, they lost the following game. 

4) It's hard to beat the same team twice.

5) I recently discovered that I project my own mental fragility and nervousness onto the teams I cheer for, which means that I assume they are in a fragile and nervous state right now. 

Last year I got major super drunk during their one and only playoff game.  I'm really going to try and do better this year.  But if they start to go downhill, I predict that resolution to follow right after. 

1 comment:

  1. I tried to come up with things to assuage your fears, but everything I came up ended up sounding like a jinx or famous last words when I typed it up. So I will instead play it cool.

    ReplyDelete