Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blue Cheese Crusted Filet Mignon with Port Wine Sauce


Fancy Ass
This is what Chelsey and I are making for Valentines Day this year.  We are trying to save money by not going out and not spending money on each other.  Instead we are going to try and make this fancy recipe.  Of course it can't be that fancy.  It's off of allrecipes.com.  But look at that picture!
I can't wait to make little beds of mashed potatoes.  I wish all my foods had little beds of mashed potatoes under them.

This Valentines is going to kick so much ass.

The only hiccup here is that we need an oven-safe pan.  I don't know that we have one.  But Chelsey just sent me this, so we should be able to figure that out as well.  Now if she could just send me a link to make our kitchen big enough for two people.

A while back we decided to start using the station method.  Where we each have half of the kitchen.  It makes me feel like we are working at some fancy restaurant.  I act like I'm the sous chef, and Chelsey is my demanding but genius chef de cuisine. 



 

1 comment:

  1. You've been watching too much Top Chopped or whatever the latest Vote 'Em Off cooking show is.

    ReplyDelete