Monday, February 13, 2012

I don't care about Whitney Houston


Seriously?
This is weird.  Usually after someone famous dies, I can pull something out of their career that has resonated in some way.  Especially someone as famous as Whitney Houston.  But I just spent about 15 minutes on her wikipedia page, and I got nothing.  I think her first song, "Saving All My Love for You," was the highlight of her career.  And that's not much of a highlight. 

Her two big hits are schmaltzy crap.  "I Will Always Love You" and "The Greatest Love of All" were overly sappy vehicles for her to show off her super-duper voice.  And it did seem like she had a great voice.  But if these were her two best efforts, maybe people need to take their mourning down a notch. 

I know she had a bunch of hits and won a slew of Americal Music Awards and Grammys, but the lasting impressions just aren't there. I'm sad that she died.  It seems like her life really went down a shitty path.  But comparing her to Michael Jackson?  There's no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment