Tuesday, December 24, 2013

BEST SONGS OF 2013 - NOW WITH LESS EFFORT!

Again - taking a very lazy approach to this process this year.  If I didn't hear it, or it didn't catch my attention, it's not on this list.  Usually I systematically try to give one listen to everything I have from 2013.  I have no interest in doing so this year.

So...here's the list of Brent's favorite songs from last year - without repeating any by the same artist:

 Enjoy!

1) Song For Zula - Phosphoescent


2) Step - Vampire Weekend



3) The Mother We Share - CHVRCHES



4) Say Something - A Great Big World (Featuring Christina Aguilar) - I saw this on VH1 at the end of they year, and I was obsessed with it.  I mostly like the straightforward performance by Christina Aguilar here, but I also just really like the song.



5) San Francisco - Foxygen - Number one for most of the year!



6) Bitter Rivals - Sleigh Bells



7) Cover Me Up - Jason Isbell



8) Demons - The National



9) New Year's Resolution - Camera Obscura



10 Joan Of Arc - Arcade Fire



11 Black Skinhead - Kanye West
12) Alien Days - MGMT
13) Miracle Mile - Cold War Kids
14) Keep Your Head Up - Cults
15) Outside Blues - Wooden Wand
16) Royals - Lorde
17) Night Still Comes - Neko Case
18) Gig Life - The World Is  A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
19) On My Way - Valarie June
20) Swan Dive - Waxahatchee
21) Happiness Comes in a Box - Yellow Red Sparks
22) It Was My Season - Okkervil River
23) I Remember You - Rilo Kiley
24) I Couldn't Be Your Friend - Tegan & Sara
25) I Tell Myself Everything - The Blow
26) Ohm - Yo La Tengo
27) Pulaski at Night - Andrew Bird
28) I Don't Know How - Best Coast
29) Victory - Dear Reader
30) Peace Sword - Flaming Lips
31) Dumb Head - I Monster


And then here's my list if I get to repeat artists!

1) Song For Zula - Phosphoescent
2) Step - Vampire Weekend
3) The Mother We Share - CHVRCHES
4) Say Something - A Great Big World (Featuring Christina Aguilar)
5 San Francisco - Foxygen
6) Bitter Rivals - Sleigh Bells
7) Cover Me Up - Jason Isbell
8) Demons - The National
9) New Year's Resolution - Camera Obscura
10) Hannah Hunt - Vampire Weekend
11) Joan Of Arc - Arcade Fire
12) Black Skinhead - Kanye West
13) Alien Days - MGMT
14) Ya Hey - Vampire Weekend
15) Pink Rabbits - The National
16) Miracle Mile - Cold War Kids
17) Keep Your Head Up - Cults
18) Outside Blues - Wooden Wand
19) I Missed Your Party - Camera Obscura
20) Royals - Lorde
21) Night Still Comes - Neko Case
22) Gig Life - The World Is  A Beautiful Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die
23) Reflector - Arcade Fire
24) Obvious Bicycle - Vampire Weekend
25) On My Way - Valarie June
26) Swan Dive - Waxahatchee
27) Happiness Comes in a Box - Yellow Red Sparks
28) It Was My Season - Okkervil River
29) Were Before - Cults
30) To Love and Loathe - Yellow Red Sparks
31) Obvious Bicycle - Vampire Weekend
32) Low Light Assembly - The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die
33) I Remember You - Rilo Kiley
34) I Couldn't Be Your Friend - Tegan & Sara
35) I Tell Myself Everything - The Blow
36) Ohm - Yo La Tengo
37) Pulaski at Night - Andrew Bird
39) Your Life Is A Lie - MGMT
40) Don't Swallow The Cap - The National
41) Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
42) Local Girl - Neko Case
43) Dixie Cups and Jars - Waxahatchee
44) I Don't Know How - Best Coast
45) Introspection - MGMT
46) Victory - Dear Reader
47) To Love and Loathe - Yellow Red Sparks
48) Peace Sword - Flaming Lips
49) Dumb Head - I Monster

And in case you are wondering what songs were added there, here tey are:

Reflector - Arcade Fire
I Missed Your Party - Camera Obscura
Were Before - Cults
Your Life Is A Lie - MGMT
Introspection - MGMT
Don't Swallow The Cap - The National
Pink Rabbits - The National
Local Girl - Neko Case
Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Hannah Hunt - Vampire Weekend
Ya Hey - Vampire Weekend
Obvious Bicycle - Vampire Weekend
Dixie Cups and Jars - Waxahatchee
To Love and Loathe - Yellow Red Sparks
Low Light Assembly - The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die














No comments:

Post a Comment