This is as good a time as any for me to give some holiday updates.
- Chelsey completed her capstone yesterday and passed with flying colors. This means she will actually graduate with her masters on December 17th. I am so proud of her. As someone who would rather swallow a bucket of toilet bowl cleaner than go back to school, I am amazed that anyone goes back. And seeing how difficult this has been at times for Chelsey, I could not be more happy for her - for for us and all the big-time money we are going to start seeing flow into the Kosterpelding bank accounts.
- I'm almost done with Grapes of Wrath, and I can tell it's not going to end in a very uplifting place. Things just seem to be getting worse and worse. Today they had to leave the place with the hot water to make a go at some peach orchard. This can't be good. After this I move on to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I assume to be less taxing on my soul.
- I have acquired presents for almost everyone on my list. But at what expense? I'll tell you what expense: the expense of Chelsey and my xmas cards. We are WAY behind. And I wanted to print up cute ones off the internet this year, but we haven't taken any pictures yet. Dammit.
- I have launched a new workout regment called "Brent goes to work early and works out in the new Goodwill gym, then showers, then puts on work clothes." We are working on a shorter name. I like this new plan because I end up being the first person in the building from time to time, which means I get to turn off the alarm. That makes me feel important. I also like it because no one else is around, and I don't have to worrry about accidentally farting when I work out. The biggest drawback is that I keep forgetting to bring a change of socks and underwear. Lots of free balling it and wearing no socks around the workplace.
Oh - it looks like I have to get off. Free airplane internet is the greatest!
No comments:
Post a Comment