Best/favorite line in a movie . . .
It's hard to pick just one I'll go with, "And that's how you play get the guest" from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xqc3r3uKJY
Brent's
http://youtu.be/Nx7vZL6BBDo (embedding isn't allowed. You should really watch the whole clip, but 2:13 is where it gets good).
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof. I love Maggie talking football in this scene:
ReplyDeleteTell him how many times
Skipper fumbled and stumbled and fell apart.
On offensive he was useless.
On defensive he was a coward.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, you could choose any scene in Raising Arizona for me, and it would have one of my favorite lines. Here's one:
ReplyDeleteI tried to stand up and fly straight, but it wasn't easy with that sumbitch Reagan in the White House. I dunno. They say he's a decent man, so maybe his advisors are confused.
I carry twenty-three great wounds, all got in battle. Seventy-five men have I killed with my own hands in battle. I scatter and burn my enemies' tents. I take away their flocks and herds. The Turks pay me a golden treasure, yet I am poor!
ReplyDeleteBecause I am a river to my people!
Kent, that is a great quote. It reminds me of that one from Titus Andronicus.
ReplyDeleteWendy, one of the saddest moments of my life was the moment I discovered that I had memorized Raising Arizona, and could no longer watch it in the company of others due to my line reciting problem.
I have done a thousand dreadful things
ReplyDeleteAs willingly as one would kill a fly,
And nothing grieves me heartily indeed
But that I cannot do ten thousand more.